Why would God want to remove a person from your life? Are there any signs to look out for to know God does not want someone in your life? If yes! What are these signs God wants you to understand?
These questions; will be answered in this article if only you will be patient enough to read through them.
Years ago, I was in a relationship with a guy, and I had an admirer who was messing with my mind. And so, I prayed to God to help me make a good decision. Guess what? Nothing happened. I guess because my emotions overclouded my sense of reasoning. Years later, I started seeing things I was blinded to while I was in the relationship. And today, I am glad the relationship ended, and the other relationship never happened.
Knowing who God wants you to be with can be very confusing and difficult to decipher. One thing you must understand is; God has his ways of doing things.
For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways, saith the Lord.
He sees beyond what you can see. Maybe that same person you love so dearly has plans to ruin your life within the next 7th month, and he (God) is so gracious towards you that he took the time to warn you before it happens. You might be praying for a husband, a job you have been hoping for, or to win the lottery. The blessings of the lord maketh rich, and he addeth no sorrow with it.
Why would God not give you any or all of the three? We all know it is good to be married, to be working in a job you like, or to have more money but what God have in store for you may be different. Just because something makes you happy does not mean it is good for you, eternally.
The blessing of the Lord maketh rich, and he addeth no sorrow with it.
God is not an author of confusion, and he does not wish for us to operate in a confused state of mind. Yes, many things will remain hidden from us, but when it comes to hearing his voice; and following his commands to worship him how he desires, he is usually quite clear.
You must understand that God cannot come from heaven and drag that individual away from you. He may be working through prayer without forcing anything. When God is trying to remove someone from your life, he will make it clear as long as you are willing to accept his leading.
People often know who they should or should not associate with; you have the choices to either choose to associate with the right people or suffer the consequences! Some people only look out for themselves and won’t blink an eye at using and destroying other people’s lives to get what they want. When you associate with those kinds of people, you open yourself up to whatever happens, and that also makes you guilty by association not only in the eyes of the law but also in the sight of God.
Can two walk together, except they be agreed? Amos 3:3
Signs God wants to remove someone from your life
- When they pull you away from God, rather than bringing you closer to God. (That is from the principles, values, and beliefs that God has tried to instill in you) They do not respect your walk with God.
- They create a toxic environment and situations around you that lead you to make decisions such as abuses (physical and mental) lies. I understand that as humans, we can sometimes lose it, and that does not mean the person is bad, but if the person is continually being toxic, then you have to know it is not God’s will for us. When you find yourself in an environment, or with someone toxic, that means you are dealing with someone you have no business being within the first place.
- They distract and pull you away from your purpose. (Do not prioritize your purpose to the extent of neglecting your partner).
- When they refuse to grow spiritually with you.
- When a person does something that tickles that ethic button to go off or says something you cringe at, you hear that little voice telling you this might not be the person you should spend time with.
- When you disregard all other blessings you have because of them. (You fail to notice all the good things the person has done for you and focus more on a single mistake that is correctable).
- When you put them on a higher pedestal than God. (God wants to walk with people that put him first).
- When he gives you the answer within your spirit.
- When praying to God to remove an individual from your life, you must understand that you have a free will to do so, that is why; you must stop praying, ‘God removes this individual from your life’ and starts praying God shows me what to do about this situation.
How do I know God wants me to be with Someone?
Some people may not be able to understand when Gods speak to them. That is why it is very important to hear and understand what God wants from us most especially; in a relationship. Remember; you are leaving the family you have known over the years, to cling to someone neutral. That is why it is good we learn the approach of hearing from God.
- God laid one condition regarding dating/ marriage; that is, to not be unequally yoked with an unbeliever. That does not mean we cannot be friends with unbelievers or have relatives who are unbelievers. God forbids it. A dating or marriage relationship surpasses all other relationships when it comes to adapting or changing habits to suit the other or just wanting to please your spouse or partner.
- God cannot make these choices for you, but if you want his blessings, pray and ask for guidance and then listen to his bidding because he will guide the circumstances to make it clear to you if only you are not stubborn, it will be crystal clear.
- The Right Connection. If you are looking for a short-term emotional and physical connection with another person, then that is a sign that you may not be ready to date. However, if you feel like you would like to get married one day and even start a family, that is a much more mature reason to want to date.
- Everything that relates to both of you will seem so easy, you may have issues once in a while, but then they always sort out themselves, you will probably not stay angry with each other for long.
One thing you must understand is in life, it is important to lean on God in all aspects of your life be it; in a relationship, career, health, etc. You must not lean on your understanding or counsel from people you look up to alone, you must learn to lean on God. Remember, divinity lives in your heart and your soul. You have heard people talk about following your GUT. That is the divine trying to speak to you. Just make sure you can tell the difference between wishful thinking and divinity.
Are you just asking God for something new or, are you just being proactive?
But seek first the kingdom of God and His righteousness, and all these things shall be added to you.
Written by: Juliana Jonathan
Matthew 6 verse 33
Proverbs 10 verse 22
Amos 3 verse 3
Isaiah 55 verse 8