You have met an interesting woman online. You two had a great time chatting online and she decided to give you her phone number. Now you have to make her want to see you face to face, and the phone is your only tool.
First impression matters a lot and that is why the first telephone call is the most important one. Sure you have her number, but nothing has been won yet. How do you create a lasting impression, how do you make her anticipate your calls?
- Before you call you should have prepared a list of several topics to talk about. Hopefully your email exchange has provided you with some information to follow up on. You have been texting her back and forth and you have a little idea about her. Study her profile to think of other topics to talk about. Prepare open ended questions. Start talking about a subject, and give her a chance to speak as well.
- Do Not ask her questions about other guys she’s seeing, suspiciously interrogate her about how she spends her time, and angrily reprimand her for flaking on you. How she spends her time is her business. A lot of men sabotage their chances with a woman by not giving her enough credit and respect.
You know there is trouble if you are doing all the talking and her replies are short or non-existent. If so it either means you have not hit on the right topic to talk about, or, more likely, she simply is not interested. Also, if she ends the conversation early or “has to go”, leave it up to her to call you again, if she wants to. Usually, she won’t.
- Be honest. Its greatly underestimated, but most appreciated by girls. Genuine girls.
- Listen. Listen and just listen: When they are speaking once a while you can make sound oh really, that’s, you don’t mean it” that way they will know you are listening and not waiting for them to finish talking so you can give you verdict. Do not start judging or give any verdict. Women hate that. They already have their opinions.
- When making your first phone conversation it is better to stay away from too much compliments. Unless you want to be seen as a smooth talker. I think giving women compliments can be very powerful. But when you give a woman compliments within the context of trying to win her over, you become a wuss.
Usually women are curious why the men they are talking to online decided to pick them instead of other thousandths of profiles. Most of them will ask you about these “reasons” and by doing this are giving you the opportunity to make her compliments. So, wait the moment.
If the conversation flow easily, effortlessly, if you find her fairly responsive and you can keep up the conversation for at least a half hour you can ask her out. Her answer seem to be: “YES”. then congratulations for crossing the first line.
- Patience is the key: Usually women are confused. They do not know what they want, or why. It is easy to get irritated. That is where you will be filtered. Be considerate, quit being egoistic.
- Be yourself. Be confident and if you’re interested in her, ensure she knows before you get into the friend zone. In every online relationship there comes a time, when it is necessary to meet (or serious troubles / break-up will follow.) Make plans to meet face to face.
All these may be are cliché, but they definitely are tested formulas that never fail!
Written by: Juliana Jonathan
Photo credit: Depositphotos